Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday - Again!

OhmyBob, where did the week go? I have been intensely focused on completing my second pattern in three weeks - and here's the result:



I'm calling it my Every Which Way Pillow Cover, because it looks good on either side, and with the buttons either on the top, the bottom, or the side. Nifty, eh? It should be available for download on Ravelry sometime today.

I had sketched out the idea for this pattern about a year ago (the beginning of April, 2010). However, it wasn't until just recently, when I did a major rearrangement of my living space, that I got the needed kick in the pants to actually make the cover. I used cotton, but worsted weight wool would work equally well.

It also incorporates one of my favorite stitch sequences - Catherine's Wheel. Using three different yarn colors for the Catherine's Wheel inset, as well as super-big buttons, gives the pillow cover a bold, graphic look that I really love. And it's completely washable. And I designed it! Can't get much better than that. Nope. No siree Bob.

I hope everyone is maxing out on the Royal Wedding ... and if you're not, or there's a lull in the festivities, definitely check out Andrea's blog to see what everyone else is up to on this Fiber Arts Friday. Cheers!


16 comments:

  1. We're so in tune :-) I'm on a cushion-binge at the moment, too! That's a lovely pattern, I really like the buttons, but I especially like the way you've incorporated the Catherine wheel stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! My pattern book says the Catherine Wheel is very difficult. Glad to see you are fearless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this. (especially love the lack of sewing involved aside from the buttons, am I right? SO not a sewin' kind of gal!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I'll be hopping on over to Ravelry to check out the pattern. I really love the colors you chose for the Catherine Wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Those buttons are awesome! Now off to search that out on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pillow! I love pillows! This pillow is totally adorable. I have to admit that I didn't get to reading everyone's blogs until this morning because I was all about the wedding yesterday but I am enjoying my FAF reading while drinking my coffee.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the buttons, the color choice, the asymmetry... Really nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really fun pattern, thanks for posting!!

    Jess

    jessecreations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks beautiful, very complicated but so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great combination of colors. Your pillow cover looks very modern. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I love the colors, the square buttons, and how easy it would be to put on and take off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's too cute, I love the use of the buttons. I've always wanted to knit a pillow, let us know when the pattern is available!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great design! Nice how it's a cover, versus a pillow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete