Friday, June 3, 2011

All In Progress, And Not An F.O. In Sight

So, after all that fiber from my LYS tour, I am now awash in projects that are in process. Go figure.

Remember these wonderfully colorful skeins?


Well, they are now turning into this soon-to-be stole:


I'm also working on this crochet semi-circular shawl, a test for the designer:


And, of course, I'm still working on this cardi:


Plus I've got a few older projects with which I haven't spent any time. Phew!

Oh, but I did finish two of these nifty book markers (if you consider these little guys FOs):


Personally, I think we all should take a doughnut and coffee break this Fiber Arts Friday - since it's National Doughnut Day! I've checked out what one writer feels are the best doughnut places in the U.S. What does it say about me that I've tasted the doughy-good wares at three of them?

Check back with Andrea's blog to see what's on everyone else's plate - and let me know which doughnut or project (or both!) you fancy in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading, my! there is a lot to read on your blog! I love what you did with the vintage yarn. I have some of those too and need to figure out what to do with them. Some of them don't feel so good to work with.

    You got a great stash from the yarn crawl. We had shop hop in the bay area a few times and it was so much fun to run through a dozen shops in couple of days. Very tiring too, but the stash makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute book marker! I especially love that last big mound of yarn, it makes me feel greedy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the photos and color choice of yarns. I am very much into the bookmarks but I can't bring myself to purchase them off Ravelry...yet! I'm going to try and come up with a crochet version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...lots of wonderful projects in the works, Denise! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love, love the green yarn in that circular shawl you're test knitting! Mahalo for your LOL and sweet comment about the pic of my baby princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink stole makes me think of strawberry shortcake :-) they're all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, I can't wait to see the finished projects...the first two, especially. I still can't comprehend multiple knitting projects. I just can't seem to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday! The green is my most favorite. The fluffy mohair-esque yarn looks super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything's so pretty! I love it when projects are in the early stages and so full of possibility (you know, before the tedious parts set in and I start rationalizing to myself how no one will ever notice the places where I screwed up). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I can't say I'm much of a doughnut connoisseur. I've only heard of one of those places and haven't been to it. Though I'm not likely to turn one down if offered. ;-)

    Your bookmarks are quite curious. :-)

    ReplyDelete