Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Great Gift

So I'm getting to the end of my Blog Hub swap gifts. Reaching into the Royal Mail pouch today, I pulled out a gift that was rather large, and to my surprise and joy look what Tanya packed for me:



MORE YARN! And it's mohair (one of my favorites). And it's a variegated shade of light pink to almost-burgundian red. And there's two, two, count 'em two balls of the Laines du Nord loveliness (which is, oddly enough, completely manufactured in Italy). Can you tell there's just a little excitement here at chez Voie de Vie? Squa-wee!

I cannot wait to find just the right pattern in my queue (or maybe from somewhere else) for these two wonderful balls of mohair. I do have some ideas, but need to check out gauge and yardage information. I also like to let yarnie decisions marinate for a while. Like a good stew, I find the decisions get better and more tasty after they've sat around for a little bit. All of the creative juices need to come together, and that might take some time.

Nevertheless, I cannot thank Tanya enough for these super skeins of mohair magnificence.


Love.
Love.
Love.

Will it get any better tomorrow? Who knows what else is in the amazing Royal Mail pouch ... well, other than Goddess Jasmine herself, and she's not telling?!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is a fabulous yarn: I had 1 skein and made a lovely scarf from it: in my projects, if you care to look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is very lovely - but you must be very sensitive, since you found it a little scratchy prior to a wash. I find it pretty soft; I've definitely felt scratchier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love that yarn makes us this excited. Can not wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you like the colour! :0)

    ReplyDelete