Friday, May 4, 2012

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday

Yes, no more Knitting and Crochet Blogging Week shenanigans, we're back to all things fibery and finished.

Prior to last week, I wrote about the crocheted scarf/shawl I was working on that was using up bits of stash, as well as some serious sock yarn. Well, it's done, and I couldn't be happier with how the colors worked up.
Admittedly it will be saved for this fall, but I love how this turned out. I've got enough left from a few of the sock yarn skeins to make a beret ... which I think I'll make later in the summer.

Additionally this week, I have a completed summer cowl to share. This is a really easy Berroco pattern - Galinhos - from booklet #305. Since the living space rearrange, I've been eyeing this summer yarn and wanted to make something with it. The light pink Reynolds Mandalay is 100% silk, and the contrasting yarn is Classic Elite Flash, a 100% mercerized cotton, both of which have been in my stash since last spring. I'm pretty pleased with how quickly it worked up ... and how versatile these colors will be in the summer. I do need to break out of the neckware, however.



But that's another blog entry.

Now head on over to Andrea's blog to see what everyone else is whipping up for wearing in the summer sun. And remember - let's be fibery careful out there!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects. I love the colorful shawl. I hope it doesn't have to wait until fall to be used. That pink cowl is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinks in that cowl, subtle and light :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing these two FOs lifted my spirits ... it's dull and cloudy here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that shawl too! The colors are so beautiful together, and the pattern is so pretty.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cowl, and I'm not usually a "pink person."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors in your 'use up the bits' shawl! It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you did the stash shawl, the colors go very well together, like they meant to be there. The pink cowl is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that colorful wrap on top. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wrap looks so decadent and comforting. It'd look great on a little black dress. I've got some mercerized cotton that I could pair with some handspun to try out that summer cowl. Thanks for the great ideas! Happy Fiber Arts Friday, hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty stuff! I really love the cowl, though I can't even conceive of wearing a cowl in the summer. If I could wear a cowl in the summer, it would be one like this! Wonderful drape and such a pretty color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with AllyB, the use-up-bits wrap would look beautiful with a little black dress. And that soft pink cowl should be nice to ward off airconditioning-induced-chill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely - your colourful one will be fantastic with so many things. I don't know about breaking out of neckwear, I can never have enough bits of colour around my neck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors on the cowl are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your summer cowl is so pretty and the drape looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete