Friday, June 29, 2012

Where Are The FOs, Anyway?

My smaller version of The Double Treble Burst Square
I really have been working on projects - I just haven't taken any photos of the finished objects. Next week you'll see. Really.

In the meantime, I've started another set of blocks that will become a lap blanket for donation to Appalachian outreach.  Even unblocked and scanned on my scanner, these blocks are very cool. This is acrylic and bamboo yarns that I had in stash - they will make a soft, warm, and colorful donation that's easy care.

Believe it or not, that's all I've got on this Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday ... so definitely check in with Andrea's blog - I'n certain others have far more productive posts this week.

And celebrate your U.S. independence next week - make something!



12 comments:

  1. I love these squares. I like how the colors work up with the pattern. Two squares are still way more knitting than I accomplished this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those squares. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the double treble! As often as acrylic is poo-pooed I'm glad you're not afraid to say you're using it! It's certainly not my favorite yarn, but for price, durability and wash-ability there's a place for it in the world. Thanks for stopping by today - did you notice less structure in my 5 minute Fri? I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I think it's funny you scan your blocks. They come out looking great on the scanner though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the granny squares, especially the second one, they are both so pretty! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen bamboo mixed with acrylic! interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I like those blocks... Definitely not your Granny's Granny Square. ;-)

    I agree... bamboo and acrylic is an interesting combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice set of squares....love the colors in the first one......not the Granny Square I'm used to seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thanks everyone on comments to my lamely-scanned squares! They are actually a lot more lively IRL.

    @SpinsterBeth and Kathryn Ray - I wrote "acrylic and bamboo yarns" (plural) - I'm actually using two different yarns. However, the bamboo yarn is a bamboo/acrylic blend. :) And the textures are different, which is actually something I like in these blocks.

    @RobinBrz - I'm not a big fan of 100% acrylic, but you mention all the reasons why I believe it's got a place. I bought these yarns to play with a different potential idea, but this presented itself, so oh well. :) And yes, I did see your slightly less structured 5 minute write - but you still have complete thoughts and punctuation. My bar is really low when it comes to structure in these types of timed writings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! But that top one would go perfectly in my house so I love it best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Appalachian outreach ? what's that ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello
    I've found your blog through "Kathryn's Brian's" post "One Lovely Blog".
    You're an amazing crocheter. Those squares are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete