Friday, May 10, 2013

I Love This Friday's Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O.


A quick shot of the blocks during
the making of La Peinture
 I have been waiting ages to announce this latest
 project - and now I can, yippee, yippee, yippee
 (can you see me doing the happy dance?)!

 This design is a colorful blanket, and is based
 on one of my paintings:


Photo courtesy of Annie's






The La Peinture Blanket will be published in the summer issue of Crochet! Magazine, which should be available electronically sometime today, 5/10. The print magazine is scheduled to hit newsstands around June 4th.

I absolutely loved making this blanket. Choosing the yarn colorways took a little time - it was a treat, though, to be certain. (And, since it's been so long since I created the design and sample, one of original colorways has been discontinued and we've come up with a replacement. It's only one skein - a minor change that will not take anything away from the rest of the glorious color.)

I do really like how the magazine styled the blanket - a simple, neutral backdrop and little pops of color on the side to bring out the colors in the blanket. I also need to let everyone know that there's an actual article on the blanket in the magazine! I am beside myself. Really. I cannot wait to read it since I really have no idea what's written; additionally, I think there might be one or two other things up the magazine (and my) respective sleeves in connection with this design. You have no idea how excited I am.

Getting the pieces of
the blanket all together
 I hope this will be a project upon which
 crafters will put their own color stamp. I
 had a ready template - my own painting!
 But trust me, if you can single and double
 crochet, and love color, this is definitely
 the project for you.

 Now head on over to Andrea (the Wonder
 Why Gal) at Wisdom Begins in Wonder 
 and let everyone know what yarny colorful
 things you've been up to.

 And to all the moms out there - happy Mother's Day weekend (in the U.S.)!

11 comments:

  1. The photo in the magazine is gorgeous. Stunning colour choices. I'm curious about the painting now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to post my own photo, since I've provided it for their article. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I love the colors and that layout photo is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a brilliant design, every sofa should have one of these. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blanket! Perhaps this will be my crochet project?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. I would love to see the original painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! The blanket's like modern, fresh art.

    ReplyDelete