Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm Close to a Finished Project




Hello everyone, and happy Friday! I am pleased to report that I am almost done with my very own One If By Hook Cardi. Here's what it presently looks like:






 
I completed the sleeves last Sunday, and have attached one of the arms (the one on the right, with the right side of the fabric facing). The one on the left is pinned but still needs to be seamed; then all I'll have to do is work the front and neck bands. And then, of course, search for the all-important perfect buttons.

As you might recall (but if not, you can read my two previous posts about this cardi here), I needed to get some additional yarn for the sleeves. I do like the colorblocked look - it's making the edging rib really stand out.

I hope everyone makes it over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder to find out all the fibery things this Friday. And while we're still So.Incredibly.Waterlogged here in the Pacific Northwest, signs of spring are starting to appear, and I hope spring comes soon to everyone.

Even with crappy cell phone camera, isn't this great?

 

3 comments:

  1. Your cardi goes nicely with the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're using nice spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, I love the colors of your cardi. I always vote for the blocked color look. Your spring photo is gorgeous...one day, hopefully soon, I will see trees in full bloom here. The snow is finally melting.

    ReplyDelete