Friday, August 15, 2014

Knitting vs. Crochet Speed


Fiber for a quick and pretty upcoming design
Hello everyone on this Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday - how are you? I hope you've had a good week filled with fibery fun.

I have - with both knit and crochet designs. I do love to knit, but I am not as quick with the sticks as I am with my hooks. Assuming you are poly-craftual (and actually work up projects in both disciplines with some regularity), in which does your fiber fly the most? Do you whip up crochet projects like dry lightening, or do your needles produce completed finished objects in record speeds? 

I'm not certain why crochet projects hum along faster than their knitting counterparts; I do know that I enjoy the quicker gratification ... or perhaps not? Maybe the slow project burn will yield equally enjoyable results. 

Just a shot of lovely summer color
I'll let you know ... once I'm done.

In the meantime, do head on over to Andrea's at Wisdom Begins in Wonder and check out photos of her awesome booth at the Michigan Fiber Festival, being held this weekend. If you're anywhere near the Allegan County Fairgrounds in Allegan, Michigan, do head on over to the fiber festival and check out our gal Andrea's booth, as well as the rest of the yarny fun this weekend. And stay cool out there.


3 comments:

  1. Crochet is so much quicker for me! I feel like such a slow poke when I knit.. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't speak for one hook -v- two sticks but I can say that different fibers that I spin are that way. I prefer the long wools over the shorter and downy wools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, longer staples are easier than fiber with shorter ones?

      Delete