Friday, September 19, 2014

More Published Designs This Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday

Hello all of you out there in fiber-lovin' land - it's Friday once again. And, I'm happy to report, I've got some new designs to tell you about.

These are all in back issues of iLikeCrochet.com. The e-zine officially launched with their August 2014 issue; when they published the October issue, they also published back issues for April and June. Those of you who may have subscriptions to the publication have definitely received quite a pattern boon. In no particular order, here are my contributions:


These Classic Beaded Hanger Cozies (the yarn for which I blogged about here are easy to whip up and just super for either a quick gift or to use as wall art. Slim padded purchased hangers are wrapped up all snug-like in Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic in either linen, lemon or teal, then edged with beads and topped with a bow. This would be perfect as a gift with a little cami or sleep wear. I really loved how these came out - they are actually one of my favorite designs this year.

I just love this stitch pattern - so squoishy and
yet linear at the same time.




Finally, (and in continuation of my coffee themed projects from my last post), I used the luscious Rowan combination to the right (Kidsilk Haze + Fine Art - initially blogged about here) to produce this totally inviting little cardi:



My Frosted Espresso Cardigan, which shows up in the June back issue, is a perfect season spanning piece. It actually starts with a shrug, then the back is worked down from the bottom edge of the shrug; finally, the front is picked up along the back side edges and top front of the shrug. There are only two seams (the shrug arms) and while one can use a pin in the front, it's meant to be worn open. I love the subtle lines created by the stitch patterns (shown on one of the lower arms). This great color combination was the inspiration for the cardi's name. I really want to make one for myself!

Now don't forget to head on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder and see what Andrea has done with all of her amazingly dyed fiber from last week.

And do enjoy the changing of the season.


3 comments:

  1. that cardi looks gorgeous - just right for autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT CARDI! I'm always a sucker for gray! I love how it looks and I see it looks a bit more open in the back with the stitches. Beautiful! Those hangers would be perfect for delicates. Love the beads.

    ReplyDelete