Friday, November 14, 2014

Let The Gift-Making Begin!

Happy Friday, my friendly fiberistas. I hope your week was most excellent (and included a Veteran's Day remembrance of some sort on Tuesday). 

I have just completed the marathon Pinterest pinning session for the Great Gift-a-Long, otherwise known around Ravelry as the Indie Design Gift-a-long v. 2014. If you're interested in seeing all of the fantabulously beautificus Pinterest boards, just head on over to Pinterest and plop "2014 Ravelry Gift-A-Long" in a search box to discover 8 of the best darn DIY gift boards this side of a shooting comet. Truly people, there are some amazing designers and designs out there just waiting to be discovered ... including yours truly (full disclosure, of course).

I must really take a moment and provide a shout-out to my friend Andrea, the talented lady behind The Wonder Why Alpaca Farm. I have known her going on three years now, and I've seen her farm (as well as her kids) grow and truly blossom. If you're going to make gifts for those handmade-worthy folks in your life, consider indie dyers and yarn producers, and definitely consider the wonderful alpaca blend that Andrea dyes herself. Take a look at the great skein of teal awesomeness she sent me (unannounced, I might add!) last week:


I choose to have an affiliate-free blog so I can promote those things I truly believe in when I come across them. Showing off Andrea's great yarn (alpaca/merino/bamboo blend) is just a no-brainer for me. I love petting it. I love designing with it. I love making things for other people with it. Heck, I'd eat it for dessert if it was edible (although my cat has some experience with this ... with rather disastrous results). I'm not exactly certain what this skein of awesomeness is destined to become, but I guarantee I'll blog about it.

Now don't forget to head on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder and give Andrea a little positive feedback, as well as check in on what others are contemplating, fiberistically-speaking. Just a friendly reminder, Small Business Saturday is a mere two weeks away ...

You know this will be me.

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks! Thank you for the compliment. I'm off to check out the pinterest boards for the indi pattern writers. I was going through the Ravelry boards favoriting items last night. Some I will purchase for myself and others will be gifted patterns for friends.

    My goals this holiday season is to support the small business. I look forward to seeing what you make with the teal yarn.


    ReplyDelete