Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

The Patons Lace Sequin
yarn used in my latest
published design. Can you
spot one of 2016's colors
of the year?
We've done it everyone - we've made it to 2016. Let us keep light, and hope, and peace, and just a little fun, in our immediate thoughts this year. I'm marking it - to take a page from Pantone - the year of serenity.

Photo (c) ILikeCrochet.com, and used with
kind permission
So, I'm going to take a breather for just one more day from introducing my latest self-published collection pieces and start this year off in a similar way as I did in 2015 - with a new third-party published design. Yup, right out of the new year gun, I'm off with one of my latest cowls - the Mid-Century Motif Cowl published in the February 2016 issue of ILikeCrochet. The main crochet technique starred in this cowl - starting crochet motifs with foundation stitches - is also a featured article/tutorial in this ILikeCrochet.com edition, written of course by yours truly. It includes lots of lovely photos to help get everyone up to speed on the technique, which is really handy to have in one's crochet technique tool box. But I digress.

Aren't those blocks of color just wonderful?!!! They are warm yet vibrant and meant to cut through the dreary early winter days.This cowl is also a great stashbuster, and one that each person can make uniquely their own with color choices. If you love color and playing with it like I do, this is another perfect project to tuck into.

I'll be back tomorrow with the continuation of Fait à la Main. In the meantime, enjoy the first day of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment