Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Little Fiber + Design Swap, Anyone?

Hello my crafty friends - I hope everyone in the United States is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and you are paying tribute to any and all of the appropriate people in your life for whom we celebrate this holiday.

As for me, I've been busy the last week or so gearing up for a fun summer swap. I am thoroughly enjoying making things in my Ravelry group a-longs with my crochet and knit peeps (and pay attention on Wednesday for the next a-long announcement). However, I wanted a way to get the good and meaningful interactions I've had with my fellow designers during the holiday Indie Gift-A-Longs to continue throughout the year ... so, I thought a fun swap with designers and indie dyers (cause hey, who doesn't love more indie in the form of dyers, and it is, you know, yarn - designers and dyers seem to go hand in hand) would be just the ticket.

I created some fun graphics to underscore the idea (the main artwork is above), started a Ravelry group along with a fellow designer, Denae Merrill, and voila! the D+D Summer Fun Swap group is alive and over 100 members strong. Sign-ups for this secret, international swap start on Wednesday, 6/1 (June, really? already?) and will be open for two weeks. If you are a designer with published designs anytime since the beginning of 2015, and/or an independent dyer currently selling yarn, and are looking for some fun connections this summer, do please join us in the group and get in on the swap. And, of course, there will be a few yarny prizes - send a great swap package to your fellow swap participant and it could land you some awesome fiber. What could be better than that?




No comments:

Post a Comment